Terms & Conditions
We’d like to let you know what we can offer you and what we need in return to ensure your work is completed to the time, quality, standards, and any other requirements you have.
The terms and conditions listed on this page explain the services, limitations, guarantees, and other aspects of the services we provide and let you know what you can expect of us, and what we can expect of you.
Whenever you ask us to carry out work on your behalf, you and any organization or business you represent explicitly agree to be bound by and agree to all terms and conditions listed on this page. These terms and conditions form an automatic, irrevocable, and essential agreement that explicitly exists between you and Freelance Editorial Services LLC.
Before asking us to carry out work on your behalf, please read these terms and conditions carefully; asking us to carry out work for you confirms your explicit acceptance of these terms and conditions. If there is any part of these terms and conditions, our service or any aspects of our business that you do not agree with, your sole remedy is to discontinue using our services.
In these terms:
- "We", "Us" and "Freelance Editorial Services" relates to our business Freelance Editorial Services LLC (sometimes trading under the name "Freelance Editing Services.")
- "You" and "Customer" relates to you.
What you can expect from us:
- We will complete your work to the deadline we’ve agreed with you.
- We will follow any special instructions you provide to us.
- We will carry out copy editing, proofreading, writing, or other services to the quality and standards laid out on this website and in these terms and conditions.
- We will treat you and your work with professionalism, courtesy, honesty, and integrity at all times.
- We will meet all of our commitments to you.
- We will edit to UK English spelling and grammar as standard; if you would like us to edit to US/American English instead, please let us know.
What we need from you
Please let us know of any special instructions prior to us starting the work, including:
- Your deadlines.
- Preferred formatting or styles.
- Any special requirements.
- Please submit your work to us by the timeline we have agreed with you; we may not be able to edit work that is submitted late, or we may need to alter the deadline or price.
- Please only submit completed work to which you don’t expect to make any further changes; if you make changes and need us to edit them, we may need to make an additional charge.
- Please make payment to the terms agreed; if we’ve asked you to pay up front, we will start work once we have received your payment; if we have asked you to pay a portion of the cost up front, you agree to pay the balance due on the invoice prior to us returning the work.
- If you have questions about any aspects of your work or what we can do for you, please ask.
If you aren’t able to meet our terms above, it may prevent us completing the work, delay us returning it to you, or it may incur an additional charge.
Payment and prices
- Our prices do vary from time to time, and for limited periods we may offer additional discounts on our rates for new or existing clients; the price we quote is based on our current pricing at that moment and is the price you agree to pay to us to edit your work.
- Our fee for editing your work will be as stated to you from us, either via a quote from our website or through other contact with us; our prices are based on various factors, detailed on our pricing page.
- Quotes are valid for a period of seven days after you receive them via our website.
- The price quoted for services also includes editorial support, advice, and Aftercare as part of the original, quoted fee as detailed on our Services pages.
- We do have minimum prices for carrying out work; we may alter or waive this fee, at our discretion.
- If the number of words we edit or the timescale differs from that stated in your quote, we will adjust our fee accordingly.
- Once you have agreed that we can carry out work on your behalf, you explicitly enter into an agreement with Freelance Editorial Services. This means we will carry out services for you as listed on this site and in these terms and that you will pay the full amount agreed with us.
- For late payment, we may levy additional interest charges and fees, at our discretion.
Availability of services
- All of our services and turnaround times are subject to the availability of our editors and our workload at a particular point in time.
- We will only take on work that we know we can complete to the deadline we have agreed with you.
- In the event that we might be prevented from meeting a deadline or service, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Aftercare and advice
- Our Aftercare service means that we will re-edit parts of your work that you have changed directly as a result of our editing and comments. We will need you to highlight the changes you have made before you return the work to us.
- Aftercare is based on us re-editing a reasonable amount of work, and is at our discretion. If there are likely to be any issues with this, we will contact you and explain them.
- Comments and suggestions that we make in work edited by us are intended to provide advice and guidance to you. These comments are made on a "best endeavors" basis based on our experience as editors.
- We strongly recommend that any comments that may have a legal, medical, financial, or other implication, and any changes you make as a result are checked with a professional with expertise in those fields.
Although we do provide extensive editorial services, we make no claims to be able to do the following:
- Statements, information, instructions, facts, claims, conclusions, and research: we don’t check the validity or veracity of information, instructions, statements, facts, or conclusions reached in your work, research, methodology, approach, or claims.
- Copyright and other legal issues: while we can sometimes offer advice on when you might want to seek advice on copyright or other legalities, we aren’t experts and strongly recommend any copyright or other legal questions be directed to a professional legal service or your publisher.
- Plagiarism: we cannot offer to find any instances of plagiarism in your work.
- References: while we will check the format and consistency of your references, we won’t read through referenced articles and documents to check their validity in supporting your work.
- Theses, papers, and dissertations: we will not write or provide research to support writing papers, theses,or dissertations; we won’t paraphrase other articles for use in papers, theses, or dissertations; we cannot guarantee any particular mark or score as a result of using our services.
- Although our editing will enhance your work, naturally we can’t make any specific guarantee of your acceptance for publication, grade received, or other desired outcome.
- Although we make every effort to be accurate in our editing and proofreading, we cannot guarantee that any work will be completely error free when we return it to you .
- Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. If you want to check if something is covered in our services (that isn’t specifically stated elsewhere on the site), please contact us.
Copyright and ownership of content and documents
- The client retains ownership, control, and copyright over all documents submitted to Freelance Editorial Services.
We will keep your details and the details of your work confidential and will not share them outside Freelance Editorial Services, in particular:
- We will not discuss the content of your work with anyone outside our business.
- We will keep all details of the work we do for you confidential.
- All of our freelancers have a confidentiality clause in their contracts with us.
- We are happy to sign any additional confidentiality agreements that you would like us to.
We may refer to feedback from you on the site as a testimonial, where we will only use initials or refer to your work in a general, non-identifiable manner. We may also publish your business name and logo on the site, unless you ask us not to.
Document and email retention
In general, we retain edited documents and email correspondence for a maximum of one year. After this period, any emails we have exchanged or documents we have edited will be deleted and we will not be able to send the work to you again. If you would like your documents and/or emails deleted more quickly than this, please let us know and we will be happy to do so.
Please note that even though we retain documents and emails for up to one year, this is for archival use only and we do not do anything with this information or share it with anyone else.
Accuracy of client information
You are responsible for providing accurate personal information (name, address, phone number, email address), and payment details. Failure to provide accurate information could result in a refusal to provide service. You assume all responsibility for any problems, errors, and issues, as well as legal liability resulting from providing false information.
Disclaimer of warranties, guarantees, responsibility and limitations of liability
Documents edited by us may include opinions or views that, unless expressly stated otherwise, are not those of this company or any person for whom we have accountability. We accept no responsibility for, and exclude all liability in connection with, the use of information derived from documents edited by us, including but not limited to any misleading or defamatory statements.
While we state that all work will be completed to a very high standard, we are unable to guarantee that a client's work will be completely error-free following the use of our services. Freelance Editorial Services and its contractors aim to be as accurate as possible when carrying out services, however, we neither imply nor state that any piece of work will be 100% correct when it is returned.
We do not warrant or guarantee that any product, service, website or other aspects of work carried out by us will be completely accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. Our services are provided on a “best endeavors” basis, at your sole risk.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all guarantees, warranties, and conditions, expressed or implied, in respect of our services and any information, content, or materials on this site, including any implied warranties or conditions of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, or non-infringement. We do not accept any liability whatsoever for any financial or other losses resulting from the use of our services, website, or business.
In no event is Freelance Editorial Services, its employees, contractors, or associated businesses liable for damages of any kind or in any way whatsoever, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business, or loss of data, or for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or omissions, interruptions, mistakes, oversight, or any other inaccuracies appearing in this website or in documents or other work that we have edited or services we have carried out (including without limitation as a result of breach of any term of this agreement).
In no event is Freelance Editorial Services liable for damages in excess of the amount paid by a customer for the service in question.
We have created our services, set our prices, and conduct our business based on the limitations of liability and disclaimers of guarantee, warranties and damages set forth in these terms. These complete terms form a fundamental, irrevocable and essential basis of the agreement between Freelance Editorial Services and its customers. They shall apply even if any part of the agreement between you and Freelance Editorial Services is found to have failed in its fundamental or essential purpose or has been fundamentally breached.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that Freelance Editorial Services is not liable for any damages, refunds, or discounts of any kind. If you are dissatisfied with any services, terms, conditions or other aspects of the work carried out by us, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using our services.
We are committed to providing excellent editorial services at reasonable prices. However, we are not obligated to provide discounts or refunds for work that may contain errors when we return it to you or under any other circumstances. All invoices still need to be paid in full.
Freelance Editorial Services is not liable or responsible for any damage to computer hardware or software arising from the distribution of a computer virus.
Content of submitted or created materials
It is an offense to commit plagiarism or infringe copyright and Freelance Editorial Services assumes no responsibility or liability for the infringement of third party copyright in the documents submitted by the client. Freelance Editorial Services reserves the right to refuse to proofread and edit any documents that contain or make reference to activities that may be considered illegal, dangerous, unethical, or immoral.
Service quality and standards
Freelance Editorial Services cannot be held responsible for delays that result from unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, however if we are likely to be prevented from meeting a deadline we have set with you, we will contact you as soon as possible to explain any delays and when we can reasonably expect to return the work to you.
Refusal of services
Freelance Editorial Services reserves the right to refuse service to any client or prospective client for any reason and without explanation.
Modifications of terms and conditions
These terms and conditions may be modified, amended, reorganized, rewritten, or revoked at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please ensure that you review our website and agree to the latest terms and conditions before asking us to complete work on your behalf.
Terms and conditions that make sense and keep everything in order